Your Guide: Trevor
Not planes, nor trains, nor automobiles but boots, boats and bikes. That sums up how I like to get around. And whether it’s a trip to the shops, Shropshire or Samarkand, the journey should be at least as good as the destination!
That’s why I love getting out on Go Tread trips. Taking in the scenery, sharing some stories about the geology, archaeology and history of wherever it is we might find ourselves, sharing some new adventures and making new stories as we wend our way through the landscape.
South Downs Falconry and Hiking Tour
TOUR DATE 1: SUNDAY 21st JUNE 2020 – POSTPONED
TOUR DATE 2: SUNDAY 02nd AUGUST 2020
TOUR DATE 3: SATURDAY 03rd OCTOBER 2020
Fly majestic birds of prey and experience the stunning scenery of the South Downs in our Falconry and Hiking Tour.
Spend the morning enjoying the birds in the most natural of environments surrounded by open countryside and ancient woodlands, in this ideal introductory course to Falconry.
You’ll get hands-on experience on how to work safely with these birds and a greater understanding of the importance of protecting them in the wild.
Enjoy the skill and beauty of birds flying to the glove in this truly magical experience with plenty of photo opportunities to impress your friends and family!
After afternoon tea, our journey continues with an adventurous hike through pretty South Downs woodland and patchwork hills.
You’ll spend the afternoon visiting ancient burial mounds, exploring hillforts and enjoying the stunning landscape as the sun sets far over the Solent.
A perfect end to an enchanted day – definitely a tour to remember forever!
What’s Included in this tour?
- Pick-up: 09:45 am Havant Train Station, PO9 1PP
- Drop-off: 18:00 pm Havant Train Station, PO9 1PP
- All transportation
- All entrance and activity fees
- Snacks and local specialties
- Full-day guided tour
- Local knowledge, folklore, and history
- Hike through the fantastic panoramic views of the South Downs
- Visit ancient woodland and well-preserved archaeological sites
- Practice the skills of flying a falcon to the glove
- Learn about birds of prey
- Enjoy local history, folklore and an afternoon tea with snacks