Your Guide: Charlotte
Hi I'm Charlotte, a keen horse rider who loves water sports and outdoor adventures. More often than not, you will find me down the pub, sipping on a glass of wine with my pony Puzzle. I Love to travel and explore new places and am a dab hand at playing poker.
North Wessex Downs Horse Riding and Hiking Tour
TOUR DATE 1: SATURDAY 11TH MAY 2019
TOUR DATE 2: SUNDAY 21ST JULY 2019
A tour for all the equine enthusiasts out there!
Visit the magnificent North Wessex Downs white horse carvings. This enchanting area of outstanding natural beauty is celebrated as England’s playground for the charming white horse figures which have patterned the countryside for centuries.
Trek to the peak of the Downs and explore the ancient turf horses from the top of their aerial seats. What better way to meet them than up-close, high on the Downs, enjoying lunch with the epic hill figures themselves!
See their white chalk radiance in the blossoming green of the Wiltshire countryside and tour the meadow-land, stopping-off for beautiful photo opportunities on this visit to several of the oldest and most renown of the white horses.
The adventure continues with a leisurely horse ride along bridle paths and pastures. Join our friendly horses on this lovely afternoon trail-ride – the perfect way to get in touch with nature and enjoy the exquisite beauty of the country.
Matching each rider with a horse that best suits your experience, this is an excellent riding excursion for beginners and seasoned riders alike.
Enjoy the unforgettable experience of riding through spectacular landscapes on this perfect horse-filled day!
What’s Included in this tour?
- Pick-up: 09:15 am Reading Train Station, RG1 1LZ
- Drop-off: 18:30 pm Reading Train Station, RG1 1LZ
- All transportation
- All entrance and activity fees
- Snacks and local specialties
- Full-day guided tour
- Local knowledge, folklore, and history
- Hike through the fantastic panoramic views of Wiltshire
- Meet the famous white horse hill carvings
- Take a leisurely horse ride across the countryside
- Enjoy local history, folklore and a countryside picnic with snacks and bubbly