Your Guide: Sue
Sue has been walking for as long as she can remember, before that she thinks she was crawling. She also likes to get around by bicycle, kayak, scooter, horse, boat or just about anything with wheels, legs, paddles or a sail. Being outdoors and moving are just about her two favourite things to do. She's also pretty keen on the Iron Age, but not on ironing.
Mendip Foraging, Fossil Hunting and Hiking Tour
TOUR DATE 1: SATURDAY 20th JULY 2019 – SOLD OUT
TOUR DATE 2: SUNDAY 04th AUGUST 2019
Join the multi award-winning naturalist and conservationist Steve England for this fantastic foraging and fossil-hunting experience in the beautiful Frome Valley.
Explore the River Frome with Steve, foraging and sampling the vast array of wild and edible foods and learning about wildlife in the valley.
With extensive knowledge about wildlife, wild foods, bushcraft and natural history, Steve will lead you on a journey of discovery with fascinating stories dating back 300 million years to a time before dinosaurs existed.
Learn about the geology and geography of Frome, delving into its prehistoric past to find out how the rocks were formed. Try your hand at hunting for fossils to see what you can unearth within the rocks!
In the afternoon we head straight over to Draycott Sleights for a breath-taking hike across the nature reserve. Watch the sun set over the top of Cheddar Gorge before descending into Cheddar Village to pick up some of the famous local cheese!
Postcard perfect pictures of our beautiful Mendip Hills are a definite on this tour!
What’s Included in this tour?
- Pick-up: 09:30 am Bristol Temple Meads Train Station, BS1 6QF
- Drop-off: 18:30 pm Bristol Temple Meads Train Station, BS1 6QF
- All transportation
- All entrance and activity fees
- Snacks and local specialties
- Full-day guided tour
- Local knowledge, folklore, and history
- Meet multi award-winning naturalist and conservationist Steve England
- Forage and sample the wild and edible foods of Frome Valley
- Fossil hunt along the River Frome
- Hike through the fantastic panoramic views of Mendip and Cheddar Gorge