Your Guide: Katie
Cotswolds Bat Walk Tour
TOUR DATE 1: SATURDAY 11th JULY 2020 – POSTPONED
TOUR DATE 2: SATURDAY 8th AUGUST 2020 – FULL
TOUR DATE 3: SUNDAY 20th SEPTEMBER 2020 – FULL
Join the multi award-winning naturalist and conservationist Steve England for this fantastic after-dark Bat Walk in the beautiful Frome Valley.
Begin your journey with a midday exploration of the gently rolling hills of the Cotswolds. We’ll be taking you on an adventurous hike in this protected landscape, showcasing some of the best loved views in England.
Justifiably famous, the Cotswolds is spectacular throughout the summer. You can expect endless sweeping meadows and the most brilliant wild flower displays on this hike.
Enjoy a rest in pretty rural England with a well-earned picnic accompanied by a selection of the best artisan ciders – all brewed in the Cotswolds and full of the local personality and character!
As dusk falls, we’ll join Steve England for a guided tour of the Stoke Park estate. With extensive knowledge about wildlife, wild foods, bushcraft and natural history, Steve will lead you on a journey of night-time discovery filled with fascinating stories of the animals that come out after dark.
Equipped with bat echo locators, you’ll learn how to identify the various species of bat which live on the reserve. Discover the various habitats of the many species of British bat that have made the estate their home.
And bats aren’t the only after-dark residents you’ll meet…
As we begin this night-walk, many nocturnal animals will be awakening and venturing out; a perfect time for you to observe hedgehogs, foxes, owls, badgers and more!
This is a wonderfully unique opportunity to hear and see the secret and mystical world of those special creatures that only come out at night!
What’s Included in this tour?
- Pick-up: 10:45 am Bristol Temple Meads Train Station, BS1 6QF
- Drop-off: 21:30 pm Bristol Temple Meads Train Station, BS1 6QF
- All transportation
- All entrance and activity fees
- Snacks and local specialties
- Full-day guided tour
- Local knowledge, folklore, and history
- Explore the spectacular landscape of the Cotswolds
- See some of the best loved views in England
- Enjoy local history, folklore and a countryside picnic with snacks
- Taste a selection of local artisan cider
- Meet multi award-winning naturalist and conservationist Steve England
- Learn how to identify different species of bat